Saturday, July 11, 2009

Family and Ministry

I am keenly aware of the fact that society has labeled my children...PK's or Preacher's Kids. Most people think that the children that follow a pastor and his wife are doomed. However, my perspective is different.
















Most of the activities our children are involved in require the parents to be in the audience or in the stands, away from their children, participating in a passive way. One of the great things about ministry is that you can "do ministry" together. Side by side, whether in the community or in the mission field we have the joy and privilege of serving alongside each other as a family.

No titles, no superiority, just brothers and sisters in Christ reaching a hurting world with Jesus-style compassion. I'm not too worried about what people may think; rather enjoying each precious moment with my family serving a loving God!

No comments: