Thursday, January 29, 2009

Closer: 30 Days of Prayer and Fasting

Day 29: God Loves

The Bible is made up of 66 books and written over a period of 1,500 years telling one single story, a love story. God has always wanted a relationship with His creation from walking with Adam in the cool of the mornings; to spending time revealing Himself to Moses; to sending His son Jesus to restore a relationship with you and I.

Our God is very different than gods that were created by man. Instead of having to try and please a god to receive favor for rain, or harvest etc. Our God wants to have a relationship with us. He wants to serve us and love us. His story is a love story, many times of unrequited love, but still He pursues us to this day.

Isaiah 40:11
He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.
As we begin to bring this time of prayer and fasting to a close. I pray that you are beginning to understand the depths of God's love for you. As He tends to you and gathers you close to His heart. Our God is amazing and He loves and cares for you.

Prayer Focus: Pray that you begin to understand the depths of His love and that you begin to love Him for who He is, your loving Father in Heaven.

2 comments:

Howard Ashkinos said...

Pastor Buck,
WoW, I can’t begin to tell you how incredibly proud I am to call you friend and most importantly Brother. I know our Lord has blessed your ministry over the past 30 days and your obedience to him is exactly what it takes to be the Hands and Feet of Christ in a lost and hurting world. I thank God for blessing me with the relationship he gave me in you and Esther. I pray "Lord lift my friend up as he continues to do as you guide him. Lord daily fill his heart with your Spirit so when others see him they would actually see our Lord Jesus through him. Bless his ministry in ways more then just numbers but in an aroma, a touch and vision that is straight from you. AMEN"
Thank you friend for being that example to me.

In Christ Love,

Howard Ashkinos

The Rietkerks said...

Congrats Buck on the month of blogging. What a great accomplishment. I imagine there were times you were wondering where you'd get the time to write and reflect, but you did it! This open conversation sparked some internal dialogue for me as well so I thank you for nudging my growth during this time as well