Sunday, January 18, 2009

Closer: To God. To Home. To Others.


Day Eighteen: Our God is an awesome God!


Just reflecting on the journey that God has taken my wife and I on for the last six years. We are so blessed to be able to serve Him. We had a great service today where four more people came to Christ. Tonight, we have been connecting to old friends on FB, what an amazing thing!

Yesterday, Jerry Trevillian and I did an impromptu outreach to a new friend of ours, who is homeless. He is currently living under a bridge with his wife Cathy. He called me and explained his situation and I asked him what he needed. He said they were hungry and cold. So Jerry and I packed up a few things we had lying around the house and went to meet the need. John and Cathy were happy to see us and we hung out and talked underneath the railroad tracks. Their dogs had food, but they didn't. There are so many needs that need to be met. I pray that God will use you to meet the needs of hurting people in your life.

Prayer Focus: Pray for Big John and Miss Cathy. Pray that they are warm, have a full stomach, and are in the hand of The Father that loves them.

No comments: